Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Worktop mason's mitre jigs

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:10:12 +0000, NoSpam wrote:

Why do these jigs specify a minimum worktop width?

I need to join a couple of bullnose bathroom worktops at right angles;
they're about 200mm deep which seems to be smaller than any of the jigs
can handle - any suggestions on how to do it?
I wondered about using the aluminium corner joint strips but can't find
anything for a 14mm bull nose.

Given that the depth is only 200mm you won't waste a lot of worktop by
cutting a straight 45 degree line. You should be able to use the jig to
set that up by just using clamps.

Thanks Ed. I did wonder about doing that but I need to make one of the
lengths removable (cistern access), so the idea was to use some dowels
rather than glue and connectors - easier to do with a mason's mitre than
with a 45 degree joint (also, I've already cut them roughly to length :-) )

Dave