Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

On 2007-01-15 15:46:15 +0000, "dennis@home"
said:

"dmc" wrote in message ...

Dishwasher tablets annoy me - I want some bog standard dishwasher tablets.
I don' want the ones that have salt and rinse aid and lord knows what else
in at 30pence a tablet :-(

You should be annoyed.

No need

There is no way the tablets can replace the salt in the dishwasher.

They replace the function of the softener which normally salt is used
to regenerate.

The salt regenerates the ion exchange resin in the softener.
The dirty water with the "salt" function in it doesn't go anywhere near
the resin.

A good thing, because it wouldn't do it any good.

I use asda smart price ones myself.

But then you have to go into Asda.