Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

In article k.net,
"Tomes" wrote:

I remember getting a 20MB hard drive and being ridiculed for opulence.
"How are you EVER going to fill THAT up?" That was on a 8088 machine.
Tomes

Similarly, I remember, when the 10MB Winchesters came out, wondering who
on Earth would need to store 10MB of data _on_ an internal drive? Of
course, those were the days when there wasn't much but text or binary
files and a whole big bunch of text or data files would fit on a floppy.

What was I thinking? A whole big bunch of text and data files will
_still_ fit on a floppy. It's just that floppy drives are being replaced
by inexpensive CD and DVD RW storage that store more and have better
data retention, more or less.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.