Ted Edwards

Default being cheap and fixing stuff????

wrote:

Now, a $3 switch, I would have just replaced that...

Maybe but I have a double ended dog lead clip. The dog managed
to snag this on a concrete block and broke off the little finger
button for opening the clip leaving a jagged, sharp stub in the slot.
This is on the slider sitting in a 1/8" wide groove in the body.
There is no non-destructive way to take this apart for repair. Why
repair a $2.50 item? Because it would take me 20 minutes each way to
drive to town plus some time in the store. Besides I wanted to see if
I could do it. :-) Set TIG to low current. Grab a 1/32" 347 SS rod
(bought surplus). Build up a little button on the broken stub. Fixed
in less than five minutes.

Ted