Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Winter Over At Lowes!!

zapalac wrote:
Hugh Glass wrote in
:

On 14 Jan 2007 07:24:14 -0800, wrote:

Snowblowers 20% off and space heaters half off!! I guess winter is
over

Here in Denver where we've had over 4 feet of snow in the last several
weeks you can't find a snowblower. A brand new lowes opened up down
the street. They had in stock all kinds of lawnmowers, rototillers,
garden equipment. Not one snowblower.

well, you do live in the mountains.

Actually, Denver itself isn't "in" the mountains. but east at the
base...and consequently, is shielded from a lot of the heaviest snows
on the leeward side. This series of storms (particularly the first
two) have been somewhat unusual in the bulk of the moisture was brought
up from the south and southeast ahead of the cold fronts which then
precipitated the snow/ice events. That southerly flow of warm air
overriding the cold was the cause of so much ice/sleet/freezing rain on
the leading edge...

So much for the meterological discussion...the sun is finally shining
this AM altho it's 9F (and we're a warm spot SW KS)...