Posted to alt.electronics
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Cell to cell tap...

On 14 Jan 2007 19:25:10 -0800, "Susan"
wrote:

Hello PeterD.

I did a google. I only need to be able to detect a cell to cell tap on
a CDMA phone. Any bright ideas?

So you want to detect if someone has tapped your cell-to-cell
conversations?

The days when any phone taps could be 'detected' are long gone. In
digital communications, a tap would be invisible, only the system
would know and it won't tell anyone without proper authorization. Nor
(I hope!) would the 'system' allow any third party to tap without
proper court authorization.

Your next best thing is to either encrypt with a secondary layer of
encryption (possible using headphone jack input/output) or find
another method of communications.

No, repeat NO communications are secure today. Taps cannot be
detected, only reported by the system.