Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Anyone in the market for an Akeda jig?

"charlie b" wrote in message
I had some parts problems with Laguna Tools on both my
X-31 combi($6K+) and LT16SEC bandsaw ($1.2K) and with
General International on my mortising machine ($0.8K).
Those took 5 months, 6 weeks and three months respectively
to resolve. So a 24 hour resolution time is pretty damn
good!

charlie b

My point was, being in the service industry, you should not have to "ask"
for Good customer service. Good customer service is you not having to call
for help because of missing parts. Good customer service is a process that
begins long before you purchase the product.

That point being made, It is always a plus when the manufacturer does indeed
respond quickly to a problem as you have witnessed.

I though the Akeda jig was pretty cool however like you mentioned there are
a lot of parts to keep track of. I do have the Leigh but if considering the
Akeda I think I would pass because of all of the loose parts. Certainly not
a functional problem but just something else to keep track of. ;~)

I'd be interested in hearing more comments about your new Akeda as you use
it more.