Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 02:27:37 GMT, Andy wrote:

Poundland (in the UK) sells a set of three AAA Duracell Plus batteries
for £1.

The batteries are sold in a blister pack The cells seem to have all the
small print of a genuine Duracell on. However the backing card of the
blister pack has some nondescript brand name on it and makes no
reference to Duracell.

Are these real Duracells?

If not then why would a known chain like Pouldland really try to
deliberately pass off counterfeit goods as the real thing?

I once bought a pack of Duracells like that & found they were almost dead - closer examination
revealed they all had different date codes - I suspect someone had been repackaging used ones..!