Default being cheap and fixing stuff????

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:02:04 GMT, jim wrote:

wrote:

I have just finished a repair job on my battery Philishave.
Batteries died after about 12 years continuous use, so I replaced it
with a mains version ($69) which is dying after about a year, so I
looked at a new battery job. $350+ no bloody way I am going to
pay that, the original only cost about $25 or about $120 in
depreciated dollars. I went to a battery shop, bought 2 x 2/3 sub-C
replacements for $20.15, soldered them in, charged them and now the
shaver is running as good as new, just in time for my trip to Japan.

is that batteries for a shave( for your face)???

Yes
i got an old norellco
shave and the batteries are bad.. its about 30 yrs. old but i always
liked it..... the batteries you suggested are C size batteries but
shorter???? if so that is probably what i need....

Yes, Philips is Norelco in N America. Mine is model # HP1337,
dual voltage - 110/240
Fortunately I have not disposed of old cells.
Dimensions are 25mm/1" long x 22mm/7/8" with thin solder tags, I
had to trim the replacements to fit in PCB slots.

Batteries are 2/3 length sub-C size, anything longer will not fit
in. C and sub-C are different sizes. I think C are larger
diameter. They are installed with both negative ends to the bottom of
the case as there is a diagonal PCB track from + on one to - on the
other.. You may have to bend the spring wipers on the switch as
mine were flattened and not making proper contact, or PCB did not fit
in exactly as originally installed.

I have learnt so much from this newsgroup and it is so nice to be
able to put something back and help you

I can take a photo of the shaver and send it to you. Change "oz"
to "au" in email address for direct reply

Alan