Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} {{{{{Welcome}}}}} is offline

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

Thus spaketh rrh:
Are these real Duracells?

If not then why would a known chain like Pouldland really try to
deliberately pass off counterfeit goods as the real thing?

They will be probably be the same as when Richer Sounds were selling
Duracell's cheap.

They bulk buy them in and then re-package them.

Surely what's more likely is that they are from a specially-packaged
batch made up for sale into a particular market, perhaps overseas,
and either the order fell through or they are selling off the excess.
Isn't it?

Could be, but when I worked for one company we were able to bulk buy
Duracell batteries in thousands and thousands, Duracell know there are
companies who will need lots of batteries and don't want to buy them in
small packs.

When I enquired with Duracell about the batteries sold in Richer Sounds,
they said they were the bulk buy items re-packaged.

They could well be as you describe, I'm only going on what we were able
to buy in and what Richer Sounds had done.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk