Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
news:Vtwqh.44570 If we don't need to pull the Kwikset lock
cylinder, then why are all the
OTHER posts showing pictures of a cylinder removal tool in

order to rotate
the configuration from a left hand to a right hand lock?

I've never seen a deadbolt lock where installing it on either a

right-hung or
a left-hung door depended on removing the lock cylinder.

CY: Doug, she's describing a knob lock.

Please clarify if you can! Thanks!

A deadbolt lock has three main sections: the outdoor part

(which contains the
lock cylinder), the indoor part (which has a knob for throwing

the bolt), and
the deadbolt mechanism.

CY: Doug, the customer is working on a knob lock.

Remove the screws that hold the indoor part and the outdoor

part together. Now
slide the indoor part and the outdoor part away from the

deadbolt mechanism.
Put the indoor part where the outdoor part was, and the outdoor

part where the
indoor part was. Put the screws back in.

CY: Doug, if you invert the indoor and outdoor parts, you lock
yourself into the house. And let anyone turn the knob and come
in. You're not sounding very knowledgable.

Done.

--
Regards,