Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

You can't pop the cylinder out with a screw driver. Takes a
special tool.

I have no way to know what parts your local store stocks.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:35:57 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:
You're missing that Kwikset sells a very simple tool for
reversing the cylinders. And you're also missing that some

folks
work at locksmith shops and learn from other locksmiths.

Hi Stormin Mormom,

Thank you for your advice. I will try to buy the one-dollar
cylinder-reversing tool that is described at

http://tinyurl.com/yzhu5d

Following those instructions, I was easily able to pop out the

center shaft
but I was unable, with a screwdriver, to pop out the cylinder.

I assume I can pick up the cylinder removal tool at a local

hardware store?