jim

Default being cheap and fixing stuff????

wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:52:25 GMT,
(Roy) wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:49:20 GMT, jim wrote:

===couple of months back i was replacing a gate.. cedar 1 by 6 in. 6 ft
===tall. i had some hardware on there that was about 30 yrs. old. it was
===good quality stuff but the rust kinda messed up the threads on the
===bolts and nuts.. i got out the taps and dies and told my wife that it
===was goona be a bitch to get all this rust off... she then said.. how old
===is the stuff: about 30 yrs.. she then said: well how many times do you
===think you gonna have to do this again???.... kinda made me feel bad
===... is anyone out there feels like this???? sometimes does too much to fix junk that it only seems right to
===them????

There is nothing much more that I like doing than making items thatw
ere deemed unserviceable serviceable or turing junk into useable
items. Its called being frugal.

I have just finished a repair job on my battery Philishave.
Batteries died after about 12 years continuous use, so I replaced it
with a mains version ($69) which is dying after about a year, so I
looked at a new battery job. $350+ no bloody way I am going to
pay that, the original only cost about $25 or about $120 in
depreciated dollars. I went to a battery shop, bought 2 x 2/3 sub-C
replacements for $20.15, soldered them in, charged them and now the
shaver is running as good as new, just in time for my trip to Japan.

is that batteries for a shave( for your face)??? i got an old norellco
shave and the batteries are bad.. its about 30 yrs. old but i always
liked it..... the batteries you suggested are C size batteries but
shorter???? if so that is probably what i need....