Bob Paulin

Default HELP: Required Tools to stock my shop?

FrOg wrote in article
I need to know what tools (basic to advanced) should
be stocked in my dunebuggy/sandrail/auto fabrication shop?

Usually working with +/- 2" tubing, plate steel
and sheet metal of various thickness...

what should I have in the shop?

type of screwdrivers?
type of hammers?
type of drills?
type of welders?
type of grinders?
type of etc...?

need help to get this shop stocked correctly...

TIA,

FrOg

With no malice intended, it would appear that you do not have enough
experience to be building the type of machines in which people could be
seriously injured - or killed.

If you had worked at automotive/metal fabrication in the past, your
experience would make you more than familiar with the various hand tools
and shop equipment that is necessary to properly construct these chassis
and components.

At the very least, you should visit different automotive and non-automotive
metal fabricating shops in your area to get a handle on the sorts of things
that must be addressed to build a safe vehicle, and the tools and equipment
necessary to achieve those goals.

Your message suggests that you do not even have a good familiarity with the
sorts of hand tools required, let alone the more sophisticated power
metalworking tools such as tubing benders, welders, cutters, etc.

Before you get your shop stocked correctly with tools and equipment, you
need to get your knowledge and experience bases stocked correctly.

The correct selection of tools and equipment for the type of work your shop
does will come from that knowledge and experience.

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E.
Race Car Chassis Setup & Dial-in Services