Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
b b is offline

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

Andy ha escrito:

Poundland (in the UK) sells a set of three AAA Duracell Plus batteries
for Ģ1.

The batteries are sold in a blister pack The cells seem to have all the
small print of a genuine Duracell on. However the backing card of the
blister pack has some nondescript brand name on it and makes no
reference to Duracell.

Are these real Duracells?

If not then why would a known chain like Pouldland really try to
deliberately pass off counterfeit goods as the real thing?

I've often seen imported pepsi, head and shoulders and the like in such
shops. Sometimes German or Greek. This may well be the case here, hence
the different pāckaging. I've seen worse in markets though - batteries
like Durasell, Duraking, Powercell, panashiba, panacell, etc etc. all
with the distinctive gold and black colours of the original. The minute
you actually touch one though, you realise it is garbage - really
flimsy non-alkaline batteries.

Difficult to say for sure what's going on with this poundland case
without actually seeing the pack. Maybe as a research project you could
buy one and post a jpeg of it (and make a name for yourself in
investigative journalism!) ;-)

-B