no spam for me today thank you very much

Default being cheap and fixing stuff????

Is the enjoyment one gets by working
against the mental and physical challenges of a trivial repair job less
valid than, say, the enjoyment one could get by skiing or golfing?

Again, I didn't say he should feel bad - he said that for me. Skiing and
golfing are great social activities that get out out in the fresh air and
bond people together. Sitting alone all day with a $2 switch and feeling bad
about it is not simply not productive, and apparently wasn't satisfying to
him.