Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Don K Don K is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:41:59 -0800, wrote:
I'm shocked that I have to order this Kwikset cylinder removal tool
just to get the Kwikset lock to fit a right hand door.
I must be missing something simple.

I give up.
I tried for hours to remove the lock so I could put it right side up
instead of upside down in my right hand door.

It seems I lack a three-dollar tool.
http://www.lockpicks.com/browseprodu...ving-Tool.html

Instead of ordering the tool, I'm so very frustrated with this 50 dollar
Kwikset lock that I'm returning it to the Home Depot tomorrow.

Since you're going back anyway, see if the guy in the lock
department knows how to do it. Maybe he will do it for you.
If he can't, get your refund.

You have nothing to lose.

Don