Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
DanG DanG is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

Proper lock installation / orientation has the bitting on the keys
up when you insert the key. This has to do with dust, dirt, and
debris not getting in the pin holes as much.
If you don't care, the lock will work without turning the cylinder
over.

I believe you said earlier that you considered it more
professional to turn the keyway over. I agree, unless the
owner/user says "I don't care".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG
A live Singing Valentine quartet,
a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU!
(local)
http://www.singingvalentines.com/ (national)

wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:33:24 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
The only difference between l-h and r-h locksets is which way
the
plunger/latch points, and they're generally made to fit either
way.
No need to pull the cylinders or anything like that. Locksets
that
only fit one way are usually clearly marked as "l-h only" or
"r-h only".

DING DING DING DING !! We have a winner, folks!
Finally, someone posts the correct answer.

Now I'm REALLY confused.

If we don't need to pull the Kwikset lock cylinder, then why are
all the
OTHER posts showing pictures of a cylinder removal tool in order
to rotate
the configuration from a left hand to a right hand lock?

Please clarify if you can! Thanks!