Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] MsMonarchdancer@gmail.com is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:35:44 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
Which lock manufacturer do you suggest we consider for ease of flipping
from a left hand configuration to a right hand configuration?

Kwikset. Read Gary Heston's post

Thank you for the advice. Gary Heston gave a good writeup and SMS provided
a fantastic set of photographs & documentation direct from Kwikset.

"http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze4vxnd/kwikrekey.html"
"http://www.kwikset.com/Trade/Literature/Resources/Rekeying%20Manual.pdf"

These are wonderful and they won't only help me but they will help many
others install their locks correctly.

I still wonder about the ethics of Kwikset but I do not have any more than
a single data point so I do not know if the other lock companies are as
unethical as Kwikset in their "fits all doors" "installs in minutes"
"complete instructions" claims, all of which are not true for a very
average homeowner such as me.