Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] MsMonarchdancer@gmail.com is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:45:09 GMT, Ralph wrote:

I looked up the tool reference you provided.

Yep, that'l work.

There is a better tool but it is more costly and probably not available at
HD.

Make sure you pad the palm of your hand before trying to punch out the
cylinder.

Not having done it, that was the hard part about the job that I failed at
last night.

I removed the stud easily by pressing on the "hidden" tab but when I
pressed on that hidden tab to push out the lock cylinder, nothing budged.
Of course, my one hand was pressing on the tab with the screwdriver, my
other hand was pushing with a pen stuck down the center hole, and my third
and fourth hands were trying to keep the whole thing from falling to the
floor for yet another umpteenth time.

I think the inexpensive tool is worth it. I just hope Sears has it or Home
Deport or Orchard Supply ...