Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] MsMonarchdancer@gmail.com is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:35:57 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:
You're missing that Kwikset sells a very simple tool for
reversing the cylinders. And you're also missing that some folks
work at locksmith shops and learn from other locksmiths.

Hi Stormin Mormom,

Thank you for your advice. I will try to buy the one-dollar
cylinder-reversing tool that is described at http://tinyurl.com/yzhu5d

Following those instructions, I was easily able to pop out the center shaft
but I was unable, with a screwdriver, to pop out the cylinder.

I assume I can pick up the cylinder removal tool at a local hardware store?