Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

In article ,
wrote:
How do we flip a left-hand Kwikset lock so it works on a right-hand door?

[ ... ]

On all of them I've dealt with, you just separate the lockset into
the three main pieces, install the plunger/latch into the edge of
the door, stick the outside part (knob or deadbolt) in from the
exterior side of the door, mate the interior part (knob, deadbolt,
or turn lever) onto the rod from the front part, then spend a lot
of time getting the screws started. Tighten everything up, and
you're done.

The only difference between l-h and r-h locksets is which way the
plunger/latch points, and they're generally made to fit either way.
No need to pull the cylinders or anything like that. Locksets that
only fit one way are usually clearly marked as "l-h only" or "r-h only".

Gary

--
Gary Heston
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Astronomers have developed a definition of "planet" which excludes Pluto.
I'm developing a definition of "scientist" which excludes astronomers.