Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default A more advanced "rec.woodworking"

In article , wrote:

Don't be surprised if your next ATM card arrives with a credit card
logo. I can no longer get an ATM card from the two credit unions or
one bank that I deal with without a credit card logo.

I bet you can if you make a fuss about it. I've had my checking account at
Bank A for 25+ years, but (mostly due to better terms) I've done all my loan
business at Bank B. About 5 years ago, Bank A sent me -- unrequested -- a new
ATM card with a MC logo on it. Except it wasn't *just* an ATM card, it was a
debit card too. And it looked almost identical to the MC that I already
carried in my wallet. Worst of all, the paperwork accompanying it informed me
that my current ATM card would no longer be valid 30 days later.

So I called and protested. Told the customer service rep that the last thing I
wanted was a card that looked like a credit card, was accepted like a credit
card, and took money directly out of my checking account. Don't want it, don't
need it, not gonna use it. Want to keep using the old ATM card, too.

He told me that's impossible.

I pointed out that *every* time I've gone into Bank B for a loan, they ask me
when they're going to get my checking account business too, and I always tell
them the same thing: I'm happy with Bank A, and I'm staying there unless they
do something to tick me off.

Then I told the fella from Bank A "Now you guys have done something to tick
me off -- and I promise you that tomorrow morning I'm moving my checking
account to Bank B unless you find a way to make that work."

He said, "I can't do that."

I said, "Then transfer to someone who can."

Transferred. Same statement, same response.

Transferred again. Got somebody with some real authority that time, who said
"Let me see what I can do." An hour later, he called me back and said he had
it all fixed.

And I'm *still* using the same ATM card. With only the bank's logo on it.

--
Regards,