Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default What's your Piston Count?

"Ron Lowe" ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote in message
A few years ago an American friend of ours introduced us to the concept
of "Piston Count". This is quite the most ridiculous parameter our staff
have EVER adopted for the purpose of trumping one another.

Our company is based in Houston, TX.
I visit there regularly, and have friends who have moved over there
permenantly.

This is truly the land of Gas Guzzling pickups.

It's not piston count that they compa it's displacement.
Often, people boast about how they've broken the 10Litre barrier without
too much effort.

2 Pickup Trucks at close to 5 L each, and throw in a lawnmower, and thre
you are!

Have the Americans started to metricate? I always thought they used cubic
inches for engine capacity.

Colin Bignell