Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex Vortex is offline

Default What's your Piston Count?

"dave sanderson" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ron Lowe wrote:
A few years ago an American friend of ours introduced us to the concept
of
"Piston Count". This is quite the most ridiculous parameter our staff
have
EVER adopted for the purpose of trumping one another.

Our company is based in Houston, TX.
I visit there regularly, and have friends who have moved over there
permenantly.

This is truly the land of Gas Guzzling pickups.

It's not piston count that they compa it's displacement.
Often, people boast about how they've broken the 10Litre barrier without
too
much effort.

2 Pickup Trucks at close to 5 L each, and throw in a lawnmower, and thre
you
are!

Hmm,
4 minis, 16 pistons, 4.6l.
2 diesel runabouts, 8 pistons, 2.4l
landy 4 pistons, 2.5l
3 lawnmowers, 3 pistons, not sure of the displacement....

so Im at 31, and around 10+ l + and model engines I have lying
around....
Do get a prize

Dave

Good count.

I had 4 minis, but in series not parallel. Thinking about it I had 5:

1959 Mini 850 Cost me £100 in 1978. Sold for £125
Floor starter and no seatbelts
1968 Mini 850 Mk2 I had that for 3 years.
1968 Mini 1000 Remote gearchange LUXURY!!!!!!. Still
sliding Windows
1976 Mini 1000 Wind down windows but zero rustproofing
1971 Mini Cooper S Mark3 Before blue LEDS were invented.

david