Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset to Schlage

I used to like Schlage, when they had the two piece exterior
knobs. The new ones with the one piece knob are garbage. I bought
a couple of them to install for a customer, and had to take em
back.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

...why Kwikset? Schlage is nearly the same price, and MUCH

better
quality - you can feel the difference just by turning the knob,

heavier
metal, parts less "sloppy" - even if you aren't in any way

mechanically
inclined.

I'm not really of a criminal bent, but I have my suspicions

that I could
easily break/bypass your Kwikset lockset with only a good pair

of boots
- I suspect one swift kick would knock the outer knob right off

the door.

Of course, if you don't have a deadbolt, there's no point

worrying about
it... any kid with a library card can get in your door.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel