Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal

I didn't look at your link, but a "kwikset puller" is probably
different than the cylinder removal tool that I use. My cylinder
removal tool cost less than a dollar at my parts house.

You're missing that Kwikset sells a very simple tool for
reversing the cylinders. And you're also missing that some folks
work at locksmith shops and learn from other locksmiths.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:26:56 -0800,

wrote:
So much for the "Easy Installation" and "Fits All Doors" on

the package!
Why doesn't Kwikset just LABEL their package for left-hand

doors only?

The knob entry lock looks much like the photograph here
http://www.inspectiondollars.com/kwiksetpuller.pdf

I'm shocked that I have to order this Kwikset cylinder removal

tool just to
get the lock to fit a right hand door.

Assuming left hand and right hand doors are each half the doors

in the
world, it seems inconceivable to me that we'd need a hundred

dollar tool
for half the houses of the world!

I must be missing something simple.

Do YOU know where SIMPLE instructions might be for switching a

Kwikset
entry lock keyway from upside down to right side up?