Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default A more advanced "rec.woodworking"

"Tanus" wrote in message

Maybe I can. I haven't checked and I'm not about to. Getting a VISA or
M/C is something I can do. That's not the point.

I understand your reluctance about CC's ... although I have two, I rarely
use them and have the same aversion. Like you, and for the better part of my
life, I refused to touch the things, and still do for the most part.

But don't let the Visa on the check/debit card fool you ... keyed to a
checking account and only good up to the balance in the account, it is one
of the handiest things in the current world we live in, bar none, and one
thing I really don't want to EVER be without.

Better/safer than carrying wads of cash or a check book, and you can use it
anywhere you can use a credit card.

Although she doesn't have a checking account, I got a similar debit
(VisaBuxx) card for my youngest daughter when she was in Jr High School.
It's been safer for her than carrying cash in an urban setting, and
convenient for me, as I can transfer money from any one of my accounts on
the phone, or online, _instantly_ (and I mean INSTANTLY, 24/7)... that is
"peace of mind" for a father!

She's been in a shop in England and needed something, called me, and two
minutes later ... the time it took me to go online or call the number ...
the money is on her VisaBuxx card.

While she's away at college it is how I fund her monthly allowance, or any
emergency purchases that need to be made, like books, etc.

And it comes in especially handy when she's traveling overseas as I can make
sure she has available cash 24/7 anywhere in the world there is an ATM or
credit card terminal.

Mine has the same protections as a credit card as far as fraudulent use, and
I've been using it for online purchases, like the Taunton site, for the
better part of ten years.

Got to be one of the best inventions of our time, IMO!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07