Ed Huntress

Default Clark is correct OT again, by the way Just ignore if you don't want to read it

"Gary H. Lucas" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
et...

Here in Metuchen, at least 1/4 of our home values are based on the fact

that
we live on a quick, efficient rail route to Manhatten. And that's a low
estimate, in my view.

As the man said, follow the money.

Ed Huntress

Yeah, but at least Manhattan has high paying jobs! So you buy a Condo

near
the light rail station, where are you going to work to pay for it?

Well, that's a good question, but the state definitely has succumbed to
property interests in pushing the project. The official word dresses up the
reality a bit but here's what the head of NJ Transit said: "Light Rail has
proven to be the impetus for explosive economic development along the
waterfront in Hudson County. We expect similar results for this system. The
E-Center, the State Aquarium, a new baseball stadium, and of course, the
Battleship New Jersey, are the types of destinations that underscore the
role light-rail will play in the region's redevelopment."

It's the money. It may not pay off in general, but somebody with property
interest in the area is going to make some money.

Ed Huntress