Lane

Default being cheap and fixing stuff????

I have a saying "I won't own anything I can't fix myself" which is
getting harder to do in today's disposable world.

Pretty much impossible these days. I can think of several things I own that
I wouldn't know how or have the equipment to fix; most electronic type stuff
like the TV, stereo, telephone, DVD player, and refrigeration items like the
refrigerator, freezer and house heat pump.

One other thing that I have paid for in the past that I could have done, was
paint the exterior of our house at the time. Number one, I hate painting
houses, and number two it was a two story house and I hate being at the top
of tall ladders. And most importantly I got a very reasonable bid from
someone who does very good work.

Lane