Larry Jaques

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:43:59 GMT, Lewis Hartswick
brought forth from the murky depths:

My wife substitutes all over the city and I have been volunteering
at a high school for several years, eating lunch with a group of
teachers and I tell you it's AMAZING how little the teachers seem
to know of so many subjects. No wonder the kids can't find the USA on
a map or do the simplest arithmetic. :-(
...lew...

I forgot one thing, Lew. A friend of mine in D.C. just got
his Masters and his wife is going for her PHD. He's amazed
at how little common sense people have even though they have
tons of degrees and decades in higher education.

I wish we could somehow make the boards of ed aware of that
fact and have them allow EXPERIENCE in lieu of a second
or third doctorate, etc. so the teachers in schools actually
-knew- something of what they were teaching to these poor kids.

So, are we all agreed that the acronym "PHD" actually stands
for "Piled Higher and Deeper" and that the old trucking firm
held more common sense in a single cab than a roomful of Drs.
did?

--
Impeach 'em ALL!
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming