Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb Dr. Deb is offline

Default crank handle help

wrote:

I have a 1950's craftsman table saw model 113. I'm trying to remove
the two chrome crank handles. I removed the allen head set screw fom
the back/side, but the handle won't pull off the shaft. Can anyone
help?
Thanks,
Jim

There is a product, which you should be able to get at your local NAPA auto
parts store, or any REAL parts store, called "Blaster." It is great at
freeing up stuck parts. As has been said, make sure there is not another
set screw lurking somewhere. The load it up with Blaster. If that does
not make it come free, get a propane torch and GENTLY heat the part. When
it is cool enough that the Blaster does not boil away, but still very warm,
load it up with Blaster again. It should come free.

Deb