Posted to rec.woodworking

Default crank handle help

I have a 1950's craftsman table saw model 113. I'm trying to remove
the two chrome crank handles. I removed the allen head set screw fom
the back/side, but the handle won't pull off the shaft. Can anyone
help?
Thanks,
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:
I have a 1950's craftsman table saw model 113. I'm trying to remove
the two chrome crank handles. I removed the allen head set screw fom
the back/side, but the handle won't pull off the shaft. Can anyone
help?

First, make absolutely sure there isn't another set screw either under
the one you loosened or at 90-deg from that one--both are relatively
common/possible.

If then the Kroil or other solvent doesn't do the trick, a gear puller
will.