Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default shocking well

On 11 Jan 2007 15:06:40 -0800, "Balderdash"
wrote:

I have a high concentration of sulphur reducing bacteria and iron
reducing bacteria in my well. I used a bottle of javex to shock it
last time and it didnt' do much for the smell. Can I shock a well with
chlorine instead ? Would that work better at killing the bacteria ?
Is chlorine much stronger then javex ?
Thanks.

Isn't the normal solution to that problem putting in a iron-removal
reverse osmosis system? Shocking a well is for dealing with
contaminants, not something that likely inhabits the entire aquifer.