Posted to alt.home.repair
TC TC is offline

Default Convert bathroom into pantry?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"TC" wrote in message
My wife came up with a suggestion about our home which I like.
However, I would like some input concerning value of our home. We
have a 1700sq ft home with two full baths and one 1/2 bath that is
literally 3 steps from our open kitchen - just across the hall. Our
kitchen is fairly small and has limited space so my wife suggested
we convert the half bath into a pantry. In terms of flow in the
kitchen, it's perfect. My question: would this lower the value of
our home?

We would likely just cap all lines so that a new owner could convert
the bath back if they wanted it.

If the next owner is into cooking, the pantry could be a great asset.
My only caveat would be this: Do you ever use that bathroom when you
have messy shoes on, maybe from yard work, and don't want to march
through the rest of the house to one of the other bathrooms?

No. It's really in the middle of the house, so another bathroom is just
as close.