Tom Stovall

Default Clark is correct

Bray Haven wrote:

And a lot of home-schooling advocates aren't above using the
statistics to draw a conclusion that's opposite of the truth. It's hard to believe that all of the people who quote these stats are so cavalier
about them, or so ignorant of statistical methods that *all* of them
fail to see the errors.

Once again, I find my personal experince to conflict with your statistics. Not that they are wrong ). Where I live, most home
schoolers do so because of a totally ineffective local public school
system which graduates high numbers of funtional illiterates. They also
use many teaching aids available to them on the net & mail, so they
don't neccesarily have to be a math whiz to supervize their kids in an
algebra course. They also organize group classes and field trips to
draw on the abilities of others and integrate social interaction into
the education process.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the Houston Independent School
District has 2.7 administrators for every teacher. Teachers no longer
teach, they jump through administrative hoops held by folks whose main
function appears to be justifying their existence in the educational
system by determining whether or not a syllabus is politically correct
and places enough emphasis on the TASP tests.

It's almost as bad in the lily white, affluent, suburbs - where being
politically correct more important than being correct, teachers still
can't teach unless their syllabus is approved by lebenty-leben
administrators who couldn't teach a dog to eat meat on their best day,
and skyrocketing taxes are used to build state-of-the-art
athletic facilities instead of educating kids.

My kids are grown. Homeschooling is not an option for any of my
grandkids, all are in private schools and I'd cheerfully sell my saddle
to keep them there.
--
Tom Stovall, CJF
Farrier & Blacksmith

http://www.katyforge.com

"That government governs best that governs least."
-Thomas Jefferson