jim rozen

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

In article , Gunner says...

Jim..the money ALL goes to education. Its not rebated and spendable on
TV sets and boats. Vouchers simply allow you to decide which education
vendor gets your money.

Right, but all the problem kids, the expensive ones, will still
stay in public school - because no private school can afford to
educate them.

But there won't *be* any public schools after vouchers are
installed, right - because they're so bad nobody will send
their kids there. So where do the trouble kids go? The
ones that are developmentally disabled or otherwise more
expensive to educate?

Are you in favor of making entrance into the private schools
guaranteed, so that any kid can go wherever they want? Sounds
to me like that's a prescription for disaster - you've just
dragged the private schools down to public school level.
Also, you've just entangled the government into the affairs
of the private (in some cases religious) schools.

Example: the school my daughter was attending was private,
and had no facilities that were ADA compliant. They didn't
have to. But in the new voucher scheme, there *is* no
public school, because it's been run out of town on a rail
for being so terrible. So now kids are going to be knocking
on the door of private schools, demanding to be let in.
But some of them are in wheelchairs, etc. "Hey, this voucher
says I can come here. You better make the classrooms ADA
compliant." What do they say, 'nope' - the voucher is no good
here?

What makes you think that the new breed of schools are going
to be any different (better) than the ones we have now? Sounds
to me like the same problems are going to keep on cropping up.
Why not fix the problem where it is now, rather than making
new ones?

Jim

please reply to: