Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
DJ Delorie DJ Delorie is offline

Default still a newbie- green wood question

"Darrell Feltmate" writes:
It is a fruit oil, not a nut oil, and it may go rancid. Just flood
on a corn, canola, peanut or other nut oil,

Botanically, corn is a fruit, as are all seeds and nuts. Corn oil is
not a nut oil, though. Canola is a seed oil (from the rapeseed
plant). Peanuts are beans (or peas), not nuts. But I think we all
knew what you meant anyway ;-)

Another warning: don't use a nut oil if the people using it are
allergic to nuts! Yes, you can argue that once it's fully cured
they'll never eat the oil itself, but why take a chance?