Ed Huntress

Default Clark is correct

"Santa Cruz Mike" wrote in message
news
Well, it worked, after a fashion, until about
1965-70. Then the teachers' unions gained power and public
education went into the crapper.

Have you bothered to check out the comparative knowledge levels of

children
in 1965 versus today, Robert? If not, you're in for a surprise.

snipped...

He Kids today know a lot more then when I was a teenager in

Mike

Amen. In '65, I was 17. My son is now 16. I would NOT want to have to
compete with this kid in math, in writing, in history...and most especially,
in chemistry. g

And I graduated from a public high school that was purported to be one of
the best in the country.

Ed Huntress