Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Best Pliers or Vice Grips (or similar tool?)

mm wrote:

- And don't miss the instructions on the Liquid Wrench can, which say
- hit the connection a few times to get the fluid to go as far in as
possible.

Hi! I am trying to loosen a hose and someone suggested hitting the
connection a few times to get the fluid to go as far in as possible.

Can you suggest the proper tool for hitting the connection with? Things
I've tried:

1 - My hand - now it's bruised and sore
2 - The can of Liquid Wrench - split the can and now my driveway is a
mess
3 - The other end of the hose - bent the nozzle and now it's stuck on
too. Do I need to buy another set of channel locks for that end?
Perhaps a left handed set?

BTW I was going to hit it with the channel locks but I didn't because
the user's manual said not to use them for anything other than their
intended purpose (safety first!)

Any suggestions?