Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Best Pliers or Vice Grips (or similar tool?)

wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to remove my garden hose from the faucet on the side of my
house, but it won't budge. It's rusted on I think, and I'm having a
hard time getting a "grip" on it to twist it off. This brings me to my
question. What is the best "Multi-Use" tool for jobs like this?
Adjustable wrenches just don't have the "grip". Adjustable Pliers will
work, but Vice Grips permit you to "clamp" the hose. I've seen other
such multi-purpose "tools" offered on TV from time to time, but I'm
interested in getting a tool that is the most flexible, and durable,
and versatile for these types of jobs. How about it? Does anyone have
a brand, or make, of a tool like this that they just love and couldn't
live without?

Thanks.

Don't get insulted, but just in case...

Are you sure you are rotating it in the proper direction?

Sometimes it's easy to get crossed up on the rotation if you're looking
at what you're trying to loosen from "above" it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)