Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] strikerspam@iinet.com is offline

Default Craftsman Compucarver Machine

Well, the Rockcliff homebuilt machine looks like it can perform as
well as the compucarve machine and cheaper.

$20 for the plans
$70 for the material and parts
$345 to $475 for the stepper motors and control board. Possibly
cheaper depending on where you shop for em
$159 for Mach III software

and a computer with a printer port

That's $594 to $724 depending on how elaborate you get with your
stepper motors

That cost versus the almost $2000 for the Compucarve/Carveright system
makes me say, I'll put in the sweat equity and shop around.

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:47:41 -0500, Mark Blum
wrote:

Well there are 10 user ratings at that link and the overall rating from
those people is 4.5 stars (out of 5). Of those review, 7 of them give
it a perfect 5-star rating.

It might be of limited usefulness for most of the folks around here,
but the people who own it seem to like it.