Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT News server problems

In article .com, "jtpr" wrote:

Funny, I used Agent (the pay one) for years. After going to Google I
can't see how I put up with Agent.

To each his own, I guess. Having used NewsXpress, I can't imagine how anybody
puts up with Google.

Everything is just so much easier
to do, and I can do it from anywhere.

You have a curious definition of "everything", because, as you note below, you
can't access binary groups _at_all_ through Google.

Your definition of "everything" doesn't appear to include killfiles and
filters, either.

Binary NG's are still better in
Agent of course. But then I don't even think you can use them in
Google.

Quite true -- one reason I don't use Google Groups except to look up something
in the past. It's a fine archive, but for reading current posts, it sucks.

Get a Google account, it really is the best way to the wreck.

I guess you haven't been around here long enough to see any of the troll
attacks that hit a couple times a year.

--
Regards,