Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default OT News server problems

wrote:
Having to resort to google, I find it's not as bad as I expected. Not
as good as Agent, but tolerable.

Vrzn is supposedly working on the issue. Had to call 'em back since 24
hours passed and it was still failing. Spoke with a supervisor who
said he wrote a real trouble ticket and they would address the issue.
Can't have V interfering w/NASA's ability to send people to the moon,
now can we? ;-)

That said, still debating on whether to shell out the 40 bucks to
reactivate my newsguy account because the retention period is way
longer, for one.

Ciao
Renata

On Jan 9, 11:08 pm, "MB" wrote:
I've used dedicated newsreaders in the past. One day I was on a
computer that didn't have a reader so I tried google. It did everything
I needed so I stuck with google. Another good thing about google is
that it is easy to search groups (and they know a thing or two about
searching!).

Google is also preparing a new interface for its news reader, which
might convince some people to become "switchers".

Mitch

Funny, I used Agent (the pay one) for years. After going to Google I
can't see how I put up with Agent. Everything is just so much easier
to do, and I can do it from anywhere. Binary NG's are still better in
Agent of course. But then I don't even think you can use them in
Google.

Get a Google account, it really is the best way to the wreck. As for
the OP, ISP's typically do not let you get to their NNTP or SMTP
servers unless you are on "their" network.

-jtpr