PoP

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:44:06 +0100, Grunff wrote:

I bought an 18v Erbauer drill from Screwfix about 15 months ago.
It has been a superb tool. I've used it almost every weekend for
the past 15 months.

So, what do you think? How long should a £150+ cordless drill
last with heavy use?

Providing it is used for the purpose for which it is designed and
sold, then it should reasonably last for the period of the published
warranty as a minimum.

Without reading the terms of the warranty it would seem to me that
during the first 12 months the drill is covered by ScrewFix,
thereafter by Erbauer. However you'd need to check that (with ScrewFix
initially).

Overall I would think you are on reasonably safe ground with respect
to a claim on warranty, so you should have nothing to fear from
contacting ScrewFix. Both they are Erbauer ought to be interested in
this because neither would want to gain a reputation for selling goods
which fail within the warranty period.

However look out for the clause in the small print which serves as a
general get-out clause.

PoP