Anthony

Default McMaster-Carr amazed me today...

(Loren Coe) wrote in
om:

McMaster-Carr amazed me today, they reshipped a
thermometer that i was not really sure i wanted on Feb
11. it was on my portch today, Sat, Feb 14. since it
came UPS, it probably was there by Friday eve., Feb 13.

the full story is long, i partially completed an
order for a glass tube thermometer some weeks ago, but
did not know the shipping and did not provide a credit
card. i asked in the comments section of the order for
them to contact me (gave my phone#) to quote shipping and
confirm the order.

two weeks later the item arrives, broken, in a perfectly
intact box, w/adequate packing. the only other order that
i've made from MCM-Carr was years ago, and involved some split
shipping from two or three locations and the result was fine,
and also low bucks. both of these orders were via the web.

i tried to log in as a previous customer to get some kind
of doc on the broken thermometer but could not remember my
orig.password. so i sent email. guess what? with nearly
zero effort, i was able to communicate the issues, get a quote
for shipping, and trigger a replacement unit. not two weeks,
but two _days_ later, it arrives. they don't even want me
to return the broken unit, and they _really_ packed the 2nd
one.

this is one really "connected" company, and they do _not_
screw you on shipping charges. this one experience would
indicate their customer service is outstanding. it's nice
to have access to this resource, gratifying, in fact. ymmv.

my 2cents, and direct experience, --Loren

We order from them a lot. I have my own 'big book' catalog even.
Anything I order always arrives one-two days, unless it is backordered,
but even then, they ship what they have instead of waiting until they
have it all like some companies do. Always excellent service. Always
excellent return policy, even if you order the wrong thing. The prices
may be a touch higher than say MSC, but, you can't beat the service, it
is in a class by itself.

--
Anthony

better idiots.