Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default roto zip drywall cutter question

"# Fred #" wrote in message
. ..
I'm using a 1/8" roto zip sabre cut bit (wood and plastic siding) to cut
drywalls but having a little problem following the outline of electrical
boxes or wall studs. Trimming the drywall off using the wall studs as a
guide I sometimes cut into the wood or trying to following the outline of
an electrical box the bit sometimes wonder off. Am I using the right bit
or just my poor technique? I now have a new appreciation for the pros
making it look so easy trimming around the walls and boxes.

Not answering your question but why not just use a jab saw? You're cutting
outlet boxes, not intricate artwork. With a jab saw it should take all of 2
minutes to cut the hole and since you're doing it by hand can follow the
pattern perfectly.