Posted to rec.woodworking
bent bent is offline

Default Craftsman Compucarver Machine

This is a (hopefully last) response (by me, bent) to post made by by JT on
08/01/2007 8:19PM where he blasted me for making fun of him by using the
similar words "etch-a-sketch", and bringing up the "why are you responding
to me" problem. My ((2) etch a sketch comment(s) were made 07/01/2007 at
5PM +/-4 mins. Though on my computer, JTs "etch-a-sketch" comment, the
original "etch-a-sketch" comment comes farther down this posts thread, it is
nonetheless dated 06/01/2007 1:23PM, prior to both the offense noted and
offense (alleged)

If everyone posted as I often post this would never happen. If you are
pointing out something to someone immediately preceedeing, just make it
known. Its a post-order thing, not an attack. If text is needed, I include
it, otherwise I drop it. Most of the posts I have in here, though generally
an addition to what I have said before, do not require an explanation.

Yet you acuse me of being rude:

Well, because you reerenced etch-a-sketch, it's possible you're
referring to the post I made. But, it's really impossible to say for
sure, because you don't bother saying to whom, and what post, you're
responding to. That's just plain rude.

I'm not suggesting I'm just saying, if everyone were to use reply to group
by highlighting the previous post in time, not the one a few up, or the one
at the top, things would sort better, and things wouldn't be condfused with
posts said at one time posted weay down in the sorting order. I am assuming
you didn't receive an e-mail (if you did it is unintentional). While in the
mean time, if I try to keep this clear,everyone is gonna blast me for
criticising them!! It is space and time, it is not someones newsgroup to
dictate you cannot post after someone, especially since NO IDEA. How am I
come to make a comment about someone else making a comment about a comment I
made about that same somewone. The reference to the offending words were
made first, but appear last. The only way to make this work is for everyone
to either never or always use the same posting proceedure. Which is the one
thast makes sense? The one that uses order and date, or the one that uses
date only? I actually don't know - i'm trying to figure it out. Anyone,
can you help.