Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Dishwasher problem

Chris wrote:
"NoSpam" wrote in message
Does anybody know anything about Dishwashers?

My Neff S5555 isn't cleaning things properly in the top tray. The arms
aren't blocked and spin freely by hand; the water fill and heating are OK.

During a wash the top arm seems to be in the same position so I doubt that
water is reaching it (but the feed pipe from the pump is clear).
- Is there a valve that controls water flow to the top basket? If so, how
do I get to it?

- Are there any parts or assembly drawings available anywhere?

Dave

My old Zanussi used to do this. The top spray arm would fail to rotate yet
there seemed to be plenty of water coming out of the jets in it. Sometimes
it would get clogged with something in one of the holes on the spray arm and
this seemed to be enough to stop it rotating. See if you can unscrew it
from its mounting and check if a small piece of plastic or something has got
inside.

Chris

Nothing stuck, but a couple of new "turbo boost" holes in the sides of
the arm have fixed it. Thanks.

Dave