Christian McArdle

Default MK dimmers v the others

Also, what other brands can the group recommend - ideally a quality
build with a nice smooth action.

I use Crabtree. I would have used MK, but they don't their standard double
socket with the switches in the right place with dual earth and DP switches.
If you want Sec607/DP, you have to have the switches outboard, which looks
rank. Even like for like, I think the Crabtree ones look better than MK
anyway.

They have good action on the switches. My only gripe is that the screw
terminals are at an angle, which requires a very specifically sized and
shaped screwdriver to tighten up so that the driver doesn't foul the casing.

Christian.